We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with a wide variety of complex experimental procedures involving microbiology and molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, and immunology techniques to perform lab research. Techniques involved will include DNA/RNA purification and quantitation, real-time PCR, gene synthesis, mutagenesis, cloning, bacterial transformation, protein expression and affinity purification, preparation of viral stocks, tittering viral stocks, Western blotting, immunofluorescent microscopy and cell culture.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results.
- Collect and organize data, performing data analysis, and preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and inventories.
- Write and maintain records and report of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Perform, operate, and communicate effectively in a group, team-oriented working environment.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. required to handle biological materials, recombinant protein materials, biological wastes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related discipline required.
- Two (2) years of work experience (post bachelor’s degree), in a research laboratory setting.
- Effective communication skills working in a team atmosphere.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours when required, due to experimental need.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.