Specialist Business Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Business Analyst
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking a Specialist IS Business Analyst to join our team to develop an insight driven sensing capability with a focus on revolutionizing decision making. As part of this role you both engage with the business users and partners to elicit requirements and also perform data analysis and metrics definition activities as part of a product team of data scientists, business analysts, and software engineers.
- Lead requirements and user story definition sessions with key business users and partners
- Perform data analysis across multiple areas of data to drive understanding and documentation of business logic behind key metrics
- Lead sessions to document and drive understanding and alignment across business groups on metrics definition and data usage
- Eliciting business requirements to developing user stories for system functionality
- Ensuring business processes are documented and the system requirements and solutions meet business needs
- Engage with key vendors and platform owners to understand functionality and how those platforms can be leveraged to solve business problems
- Lead development of user guides or documentation on system functionality
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The techno-functional professional we seek is a motivated individual with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experience
- Experience performing data analysis across areas one or more areas of the business to derive business logic to support key metrics
- Experience working with business partners to identify complex functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Experience working as part of an agile team and authoring development ready user stories
- Ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Analytical skills and techniques to evaluate interpret and resolve complex situations/problems using multiple sources of information
- Familiar with Tableau, Spotfire, or other visual analytics platforms
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and increase your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies originality
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.