Antibody Delivery Intern
Position: Antibody Delivery Intern
Reporting To: Senior Scientist II
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. The employee holding the Antibody Intern position within Antibody Technology department will be involved in the antibody production and characterization to evaluate novel drug delivery candidates and treatment modalities.
Major Job Functions
- Performing antibody production and quality control, cell culture and other lab routines;
- Executing cell biological screening experiments for antibody delivery platform;
- Conducting DNA plasmid preparation, mammalian cell transfection, recombinant antibody production, purification, and characterization;
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of experimental protocols, results, data analysis, and interpretation in laboratory notebooks;
- Delivering research progress to cross-functional project teams;
Education, Licensure and/or Experience
- Working on BS degree in biology, cell and molecular biology or related field;
- Hands-on laboratory experience, performing in biotechnology within relevant scientific discipline;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad Prism);
- Ability to work well in collaborative fast-paced team environment;
- Experience with large molecule drug is a plus
Physical Job Requirements:
Office/Lab environment. Lifting to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.