Senior Research Associate II Biologics Drug Product Development - 8,000 Sign on
Senior Research Associate II – Biologics Drug Product Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of biologics drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Biologics Drug Product Development group at our site in Oceanside, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience in laboratory work related to biologics.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Independently execute experiments and studies that support drug product development and project goals.
- Perform experiments pertaining to:
- Protein formulation/stability of various dosage forms (liquid/lyophilized) and configurations (vial/syringe), employing a variety of biochemical and biophysical analytical techniques, such as HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopy methods
- Support the development of biologics drug product processes
- In-use stability and administration
- Author protocols, technical summary reports and memos, as well as contribute to regulatory submissions.
- May contribute to the development of stability-indicating assays, such as sub-visible and visible particulate analysis and container closure integrity.
- Experience in lyophilized drug product formulation development, process development, and related laboratory techniques, such as freeze-drying microscopy, Karl-Fisher moisture analysis, and differential scanning calorimetry, is also preferred.
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results at departments/meetings in both written and presentation format.
- Be self-motivated, organized and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, as well as be familiar with the relevant technical literature.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with BS degree or 3+ years of experience with MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or a related scientific discipline.
- A basic understanding of formulation and drug product process development for biologics (antibodies, fusion proteins, bi-specifics, vaccines, antibody drug conjugates, etc.).
- Excellent communication (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates strong technical and hands-on lab skills, scientific creativity and ability to quickly acquire new technical skills.
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.