Research Associate, Inflammation
The Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a talented and highly motivated research associate to join their team. The successful candidate will support the pre-clinical development of novel candidate drugs for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases by executing immunological assays, working with new technologies, and analyzing and interpreting data. The candidate must be driven, able to work independently, and display scientific curiosity and rigor. Excellent organizational skills in managing data, reagents, and equipment are essential. The candidate will participate in regular team meetings and present results, interpret data, and formulate conclusions. Teamwork and excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical. The following are preferred skills for the position:
- Experience working with mammalian tissues, primary cells or cell lines preferred.
- Experience with wet-lab biology techniques, including isolation of primary cells, cell-based functional assays, mammalian cell culture, and ELISAs preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry or antibody-dependent techniques is a plus.
- Working knowledge of immunology is a plus.
- Demonstrates and applies analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Detail-oriented and able to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; capable of learning and applying novel techniques or protocols
- Able to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, strong time management skills
- Independently executes experiments using appropriate techniques to support research activities and project goals
- Assists in the development and implementation of new assays and technologies through laboratory benchwork, data analysis and interpretation
- Uses excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data to colleagues and broader audiences
- Works productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Must think critically and creatively, use problem-solving skills, and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Team-oriented, enthusiastic, and flexible
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
BS/BA or MS degree with 0+ years of experience in biology or related field in industry or academia.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.