Senior Area Sales Director, West (Prostate Cancer)
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Area Sales Director, West. The position reports to the Vice President, Prostate Cancer Sales and Marketing. The location of the position is field-based.
The Senior Area Sales Director, West will lead and manage Regional Business Managers across a defined geography in the western United States. The function will focus on achieving sales goals within the prostate cancer (Oncology & Urology) therapeutic area. This position will report to the Vice President, Prostate Cancer Sales and Marketing and have direct reports of 6 Regional Business Managers within their assigned geography.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and directs Regional Business Managers, ensuring that field sales representatives are well-versed on product knowledge, sales skills, market conditions, strategy and tactics, corporate policies and procedures, and business planning models.
- Establishes consistency in leadership/management principles and practices across the sales organization. Develops strategies and tools to support managers with leadership challenges.
- Plays a key strategic role in cross-functional meetings with Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, and outside vendors, to ensure product commercialization and organizational growth (at all stages).
- Plans, forecasts, and oversees operating budgets, while actively monitoring expenses.
- Responsible for commercial organizational Profit and Loss.
- Effectively implements Brand Plan of Action strategies and tactics for both Oncology & Urology, to achieve corporate sales objectives.
- Monitors and assesses competitive sales activity in the biopharmaceutical market and makes recommendations to senior leadership.
- Partners with Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the Commercial Operations team to develop, implement, and manage the individual sales IC goals for each region and sales territory
- Supports the healthcare community to consider the best treatment options for patients (e.g. considering alternative treatment or seek second opinion).
- Ensures all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Myovant Sciences commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- As a field-based position, this senior sales leadership role will require 60-75% travel including routine travel to Myovant’s corporate headquarters, based in Brisbane, CA.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Proven to be successful in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and has an in-depth understanding of the medical field and biopharmaceutical industry.
- The ability to share the business trajectory and vision with the organization, in a manner that inspires commitment.
- Analyzes, understands, and presents scientific/technical details, by bringing to bear a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Has a consistent record of developing highly-successful region/district sales leaders.
- Has demonstrated a penchant for sales effectiveness, through robust analysis, and strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to multi-task, and work within cross-functional teams. Exemplifies operational excellence for administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging technology platforms and business hardware/software in the development, management, and overall modeling of business plans and related key performance indicators.
- Leads product and disease state discussions during internal and external-facing meetings. Proactively shares knowledge of new product or disease state developments, including new considerations in the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts, preferably in life sciences or business administration, or equivalent.
- 15+ years of validated commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry (preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals) – including 5 years of pharmaceutical sales management experience required.
- Preferably candidates will have a record of successful oncology and/or urology launches, particularly working in a start-up company and/or division, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment regardless of location of role (field-based, fully remote or site-based). Fully vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.