Director - Medicinal Chemistry
• Lead Medicinal Chemistry efforts for Adcentrx novel drug discovery programs
• Design and execute medicinal chemistry strategies with a blend of internal and external resources.
• Manage synthetic chemistry to deliver high-quality data in a timely manner
• Interpret biological and ADME data and design novel drugs that meet desired target profiles
• Collaborate with academic/external partners and stay current with competitive landscape
• Manage interactions with cross-functional team leaders to support compound progression
• Develop, implement, and deliver on team collaborations: including initial proposal development, planning timelines and resources, monitoring milestones and final deliverables
• Provide well-organized reports and presentations to project teams and senior management
• Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with 10+ years of drug discovery experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Accomplished scientist as evidenced by a strong track record of publications and delivery of clinical product candidates
• Experience in drug discovery and development
• Experience in managing diverse and multiple CROs
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a fast growing, dynamic team environmentAdcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options. Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.