Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Ambrx (NYSE: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to be a key member of the Finance team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for the administration and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, technical accounting matters and implementation of new accounting standards, equity administration and accounting related areas (such as equity, marketable securities). The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting reports initially to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Preparation of SEC filings including 20-F, 6-Ks for FPI requirements or 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, and 14A, etc. for domestic filer requirements, as applicable. Manage Form 3 and 4 filings, as applicable. Prepare and maintain XBRL tagging and review as part of SEC filings.
- Prepare footnote support schedules, tie-out binders for SEC filings and disclosure checklists.
- Support earning release process.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow statement.
- Administer and account for the Company’s equity incentive plans, including options, RSUs, ESPP.
- Manage and account for the Company’s marketable securities/investment portfolio.
- Identify complex transactions and emerging accounting standards (SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, etc.) and research / prepare related technical accounting memos.
- Stay abreast of SEC and FASB guidance and pronouncements.
- Maintain quarterly/bi-annual SEC reporting schedule and coordinate internal (accounting team) and external (auditor) deliverables related to SEC filings and technical accounting memos.
- Collaborate with the legal team to ensure compliance with SEC regulations.
- Prepare key monthly reconciliations, including equity roll-forward and stock-based compensation and marketable securities for assigned accounting areas.
- Examine contracts to summarize key terms and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Develop, document, and maintain internal controls related to SEC filings and process and adhere to internal control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting and internal control policies as well as GAAP.
- Implements formal processes for obtaining and analyzing information gathered from internal business units for financial report preparation. Completes ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as, special projects as needed, other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA required. Active license.
- 8+ years of increasing finance and accounting responsibility, with a mix of public accounting and public company or pre-IPO company experience. Current SEC reporting experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), COSO, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and XBRL
- Experience preparing and reviewing SEC-compliant financial statements. Experience with FPI filing requirements is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience in Biotech industry & public company experience, Big 4 or large regional experience preferred.
- Previous experience with equity administration and equity/stock based compensation accounting required. Experience with Certent equity administration system preferred.
- Previous experience with accounting for marketable securities required. Experience with Clearwater software solution preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- Experience with Workiva or other SEC reporting solution preferred.
- Develops, modifies and executes company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires conceptual thinking and in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to approach others in a tactful manner; focus on resolving issues; maintain confidentiality, effectively influence others to effect changes, and present ideas/recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently, coordinating priorities to meet deadlines. Must have ability to set own pace and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/CV referencing the position code.. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensations & benefits. EOE.