Senior Director, Launch Navigation Group
The Senior Director, Launch Navigation Group presents a unique opportunity to join a first-ever team at Pfizer and work across all business units, disease areas, and geographies with asset teams and senior BU leaders to launch a robust pipeline of breakthrough medicines and vaccines with excellence to positively change patients’ lives.
This role offers a differentiating career experience for colleagues who possess significant country and global commercial/marketing experience, deep understanding of how to introduce new medicines and vaccines to eligible patients and other customers; ability to create organizational solutions; and strength in advising, growing, and collaborating with others.
This enterprise-wide, above-brand, strategic role within the Biopharmaceuticals business group allows the selected colleague to apply their deep brand, customer, and industry expertise in a new way, greatly expand their organizational know-how, and grow the breadth of their leadership capabilities in an area critical to Pfizer’s purpose – our launches, which will underpin our success as an innovative biopharmaceutical company.
The colleague who secures the role will join a high-performing, diverse team with high trust and a clear focus. The position reports to the Vice President, Senior Launch Navigator.
Lead key strategic elements of Pfizer’s Enterprise Launch Approach, including implementation across the organization via engagement with global launch leads and senior leaders
- Lead the Launch Navigation Group’s collaboration with specific launch teams, providing strategic counsel to leaders on plans and facilitating Brand Launch Leader forums
- Collaborate with global and country leaders to define and apply the Enterprise Launch Approach within markets for local launch excellence
- Support teams preparing for launch under accelerated situations.
- Elevate metrics planning and assessment to inform launch plan focus, progress evaluation, and action plans
- Uncover new opportunities to elevate launch excellence and co-create solutions to seize them
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- 15 years of pharmaceutical experience including robust commercial and marketing experience in country and above-country roles
- Demonstrated leadership in planning and executing launches, strong understanding of the pre-launch to launch planning process and the range of customers involved in healthcare decision-making
- Track record acting as counsel & advisor to peers and leaders, effective influencer to set ambitious goals and deliver results; success building a network and establishing trust and followership; demonstrated high emotional intelligence and recognition of others
- Proven self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguous situations, making tradeoff decisions, and segmenting work to deliver quality at pace
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking skills: ability to derive insights and identify and measure performance indicators
- Strong track record of demonstrating courage and excellence; confidence speaking up to identify issues and develop solutions; and ability to achieve both rigor and simplicity; willing to challenge the status quo
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with success engaging in dialogue and representing recommendations with senior leaders
- Experience designing and implementing multi-factorial organization-wide solutions and standards
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Primary hours of engagement are US east coast time zone, yet ability to work across time zones to engage with colleagues in Europe and Asia is needed periodically. In new normal, anticipate 10-15% travel.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: May 24, 2022
- Additional Job Posting Locations
- North America & Europe - Remote
- North America & Europe - Any Pfizer Site
- United Kingdom - Walton Oaks
- United States - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE