Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for product costing and inventory valuation for several sites, and management of cost accounting staff. Cost accounting functions include applying standard costing principles to Emergent’s products and services.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage and oversee the completion of month-end cost accounting processes including accounting for cost of goods sold, manufacturing variances, production scrap, purchase price variance (PPV), inventory reserves, etc.
• Determine the appropriateness of various reserve methodologies and apply as necessary to inventory (raw materials, spare parts, WIP, finished goods).
• Apply standard costing principles to an array of products or services, determine cost structures including direct and indirect costs, complete annual cost models, and update standard costs in SAP.
• Manage the preparation of various detailed reconciliations on applicable balance sheet and P&L accounts as required.
• Prepare and communicate month-end analysis/reports to support financial performance reporting. Prepare analysis/reports as necessary to support other information requirements.
• Collaborate with other departments including Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain, and IT to achieve cost accounting requirements.
• Define, monitor, and enforce compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control environment as it relates to cost accounting. Coordinate external and internal audit communications and data/information requests.
• Manage cost accounting personnel including setting expectations/goals, assigning tasks, reviewing performance, and in general providing support to encourage teamwork and collaboration.
• Other functions may include responding to various requests, working on special projects, and assisting in other areas when necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• 5+ years of related experience
• Experience and knowledge of GAAP and SOX
• Proficient in a variety of computer applications including MS Office
• Experience with an ERP system preferred, SAP experience a plus
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Ability to apply standard costing methods in a manufacturing environment
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, detail oriented, ability to apply critical thinking skills and use judgment
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.