We are currently searching for a Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on clinical assays while providing scientific and operational guidance.
- Trouble shoot assays and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies in a research project or experiment.
- Organize daily workload based on priorities, rotation schedule and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Independently analyze and discuss the interpretation, reliability, and validity of test data.
- Use a wide variety of laboratory information systems, statistical methods and computer programs to collect, organize, and analyze data for reporting of verified results.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; resolve problems; notify federal task leader; document all corrective actions taken.
- Communicate and consult with laboratory staff regarding collection procedures; troubleshoot any problems with the specimen or documentation.
- Document all QC activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance performed and identify, investigate, and notify supervisor of any problems or discrepancies identified.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures when test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Ensure compliance with accrediting and inspections agency requirements, participating in activities associated with the laboratory accreditation process.
- Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Monitor inventory of reagents and supplies required for the specialty testing for equipment and supply contracts.
- Master’s Degree in Biology or related field with 2-5 years’ experience in the techniques listed above.
- Strong Experience in performing Molecular based testing and Serology testing required.
- Demonstrated experience supervising the laboratory work of others
- Accredited clinical laboratory training program in laboratory science.
- BS MT (CLS) certification or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft work, PowerPoint, Prism and Excel at a minimum.
- Familiarity with GLP or GMP and GCLP.
- Ability to write SOPs, evaluation and developments reports and analytical plans.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.