Research and Development Technician - Kalamazoo, MI
We have a full-time Research and Development Technician position available supporting our Kalamazoo, Michigan team open. We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team – someone who wants to assist with supervised experiments using microbiology and molecular biology techniques as well as other applicable methodologies leading to new products or process improvements.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Performs basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid quantitation, cloning, nucleic acid isolation.
- Performs basic microbiology techniques including microbial culture, enumeration, isolation, and identification using traditional and rapid methods.
- Documents research to support new product design controls, validations, verification, qualification, and specification/performance and statistical analysis as they apply to the company’s products and according to policies and procedures
- Fill out and record all applicable production documentation.
- Write or review new department SOPs/update existing department SOPs as necessary.
- Collaborate, support, and communicate on a regular basis with project teams and members of other functional areas.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
What can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
Where is this position located?
- Kalamazoo, MI
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Four (4) year degree in relevant field (e.g., biology, microbiology, virology, cell biology molecular biology, food science)
- At least 1 year hands-on experience working with cell culture or microorganisms.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.