Territory Account Manager, South China
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Title: Territory Account Manager（大区销售经理）
Base Location: Guangzhou (Preferred)
Territory: Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, Hainan
Office Location: Work from Home
Reporting to: Senior Sales Manager, China
Pacific Biosciences is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the Pacific Biosciences team.
Achieving Revenue Targets for Assigned Territory
- Directly responsible for achieving and exceeding the revenue targets for defined PacBio SMRT sequencing products within the defined territory.
- Develop and execute a business plan(s) to meet annual fiscal sales goals and long-term growth at the specific key accounts.
- Qualify and develop opportunities within the territory as well as maintain and grow the existing customer base.
- Develop and execute territory and account specific sales plans that exceed assigned territory revenue targets.
- Utilize and maintain CRM system/SFDC to effectively communicate within internal organization.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting territory revenue and sufficiently documenting within CRM.
Continuously Develop and Grow Business for Assigned Territory
Able to motivate and mentor Sales Channel Partner team members to achieve PacBio sales target and support requirements.
- Effectively work as a team player with PacBio field marketing team and our sales channel partners to ensure they are up to date with PacBio technology, publications, and marketing materials.
- Coordinate the sales, marketing, and support efforts by our distributors/dealers in the defined territories.
- Organize and lead various teams at Pacific Biosciences to provide resources to institute/companies assigned to ensure operational and revenue continued success.
Establish and Help Maintain a Powerful KOL/Domain Expert network for PacBio in China
- Conduct effective customer presentations/seminars to provide updates and maintain communication.
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers.
- Work directly with Marketing and other related functions to characterize and define programs to appropriately resource production sequencing level accounts.
Being an Ambassador and Antenna for PacBio in Assigned Territory
- Provide general intelligence on key competitors.
- Work with PacBio operations, marketing, customer support, technical support, and legal department to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Help in other territories as required and requested by your manager.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Significant territory management and sales experience in high-end capital instrumentation and consumables is required.
- Previous experience in managing multi-million-dollar accounts and track record of continued growth.
- 5+ years or equivalent direct sales into the life sciences and clinical research markets required.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of high capital sales success.
- Scientific or Technical Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to engage and build relationships at the highest level within customer organizations is critical (President/CEO, CTO/CSO and CFO and other key influencers).
- Ability to integrate and be accepted as a consultative resource for key decision makers within large organizations and build and implement a strategic business plan that will result in continued growth and solid customer relations.
- High scientific aptitude with understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as it relates to customer requirements as well as the potential competitive landscape.
- Strategically minded with ability to work independently and highly adaptable.
- Comfort and acumen for public speaking and the ability to deliver key presentations.
- Strong communication and partnering skills with ability to operate as a team player.
- Role will require a home office and at 50% travel at a minimum.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.