Senior Director, Product Management, Early Detection of Cancer
Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
Freenome has developed a novel multiomics platform integrated with machine learning to deliver a colorectal cancer (CRC) screening test through a typical blood draw. The Senior Director, Product Management, Early Detection of Cancer is a newly created role that will design, lead, operate, and execute a cohesive product portfolio roadmap and define a seamless clinical experience for early cancer detection blood tests. The CRC screening product will provide a foundation for future multicancer early detection tests. Freenome’s solutions will enable clarity and access to a new paradigm of evidence-driven cancer screening with providers and patients at the center. Our clinically-oriented and focused strategy aims to build innovative solutions to defeat the fierce competitor that is cancer.
The Senior Director will be a critical thought partner within a cross-functional leadership team to advance and execute the early cancer detection product strategy. In this role, you will lead a team of product managers to define the product portfolio and clinical testing experience using strategic frameworks and driving organizational alignment. As a senior leader owning the product portfolio and roadmap, you will work closely with R&D, regulatory affairs, clinical development, and engineering to ensure our development plans reach our intended product portfolio design. As we commercialize our solutions, you will be a critical leader in a hub-and-spoke structure with sales and commercial operations, scientific and medical affairs, and marketing to ensure we achieve our business objectives. The senior product leader will demonstrate servant leadership to foster excellence across the product team, represent external stakeholders to our internal teams, and balance strategic frameworks with urgent execution.
How you’ll contribute:
- Lead, operate, and execute to drive achievement in the product management team through excellence and accountability
- Guide and design product and market research programs (secondary and primary) with significant attention to detail
- Drive customer-centric design thinking to ensure the clinical testing experience for a range of stakeholders is seamlessly integrated throughout the product
- Lead and influence through deep clinical and scientific market understanding to guide effective product portfolio and development priorities
- Own the overall product portfolio roadmap through organizational alignment of competing dynamics in science, health economics, clinical pathways, and patient preferences
- Own the overall clinical experience for all stakeholders that will use our test
- Drive product decisions and priorities using strategic frameworks and quantitative analyses
- Demonstrate ownership and model behavior through active engagement in the day-to-day work alongside our teams
- Collaborative and dynamic product leader with excellent communication skills and business acumen to guide teams to desired key results
- Ensure cohesiveness between our Real-World Data and Biopharma initiatives for our products
What you’ll bring:
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical, technical, or scientific field; advanced degree in clinical sciences fields preferred
- At least ten years of experience in a business or product strategy role delivering diagnostics solutions to clinicians
- At least five years of experience owning a, technology-driven solution
- At least three years of strategy management consulting experience
- Excellent track record of leading high achieving teams effectively and with longevity, ideally with
- Experience in In Vitro Diagnostics
- Experience with delivering solutions to payer organizations
- Launching FDA-approved products
- Management consulting experience
- Deep understanding of the relationship dynamics between providers, payers, and patients
- Deep understanding of primary care and population health management
- Self-motivated, solutions-oriented, and bias-to-action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated design-thinking approach to product management
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors like Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.