Chief of Staff- Associate Director, Planning & Operations, Immunology & Inflammation
The Associate Director, Planning and Operations, Immunology and Inflammation, Clinical Sciences, will partner with the Therapeutic Area Head (TAH) Immunology & Inflammation, Clinical Sciences, to support the advancement of the Immunology & Inflammation portfolio. This individual will partner closely with the TAH to drive and optimize critical program and departmental initiatives. This role will interface and partner closely with the Immunology & Inflammation Development Program Managers (DPMs) to support the relevant programs in the Therapeutic Area (TA). This role will also interface with the Research Program Management (RPM) organization to partner with Research on the early stage Immunology & Inflammation portfolio planning. As appropriate, this role may support the TAH in other Global Development or company-wide initiatives. This role will require scientific and critical thinking skills to identify and help solve key operational issues, team processes and procedures, and department and extra-department communications.
The incumbent will also work with the TAH and the department leadership team to identify key cross-functional interdependencies and optimize these working relationships and routines. This role is both strategic and tactical, requiring a nimble thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills, scientific and business acumen, and the ability to pivot quickly as new needs arise.
A day in the life may include the following responsibiltiies:
- Act as a key thought partner and trusted advisor to the TAH. She/he will participate with the department leadership team to develop appropriate solutions to issues arising within the department.
- Occasionally creates and prioritizes key activities for the TAH based on business priorities.
- Partner with the TAH, the leadership team, and HR to crystalize the TA vision and mission and create a communication plan to drive understanding and behaviors.
- Partner with the TAH to create the agendas for key internal meetings, help facilitate effective meetings, create clear action items and drive communication and accountability for those actions within the team.
- Supports the TAH as well as the leadership team to identify initiatives and solutions to optimize the department’s operations. This will include identifying and regularly reporting on key metrics.
- Assists driving pipeline planning activities of the TA portfolio. Work with the Global Clinical Development Strategy and Portfolio Planning group, Research, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communication, and other key company-wide stakeholders to ensure continuity of corporate planning and execution of TA priorities.
- May act as a key liaison with the Immunology and Inflammation research leaders and partners.
- Interface management: Act as representative for the TAH at appropriate meetings to gather information, provide input and facilitate efficient decision making. Ensures communications, processes and resources are aligned across the department.
- Partner with the TAH and LT to create and own the content for both the department RON Intranet and share point sites. These two sites will be used to drive awareness and clarity about the TA strategy, organization, portfolio and work activities.
- Responsible for supporting the TAH with planning activities, including workforce/headcount, space planning, quarterly/annual planning /budgeting processes.
- Partners with Human Resources to support talent acquisition and onboarding.
- Build a thorough understanding of all core business functions across Global Development
This job may be for you if you have the following:
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology research
- Experience in project and resource management, portfolio and asset assessments and visualization
- Knowledge of clinical development beneficial
- Strong initiative with the ability to manage projects of varying complexity and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to dive into cross functional issues to identify root cause and propose solutions.
- Leadership skills, including strong consensus building capabilities to build trust, influence and maintain relationships across a large and diverse organization.
- Strong ability to toggle quickly between strategy and details.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong and compelling written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to summarize complex scientific and operational issues concisely.
- Ability to prioritize self and others on the most critical activities to advance the work of the department.
- High standards of excellence and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who identifies and helps solve problems and is comfortable with high levels of ambiguity.
- Advanced Degree in a science related area is a minimum.
- 5+ years of bench science/post-doctoral and /or clinical experience, drug development and/or or project management experience is required.
- Prior and multiple successful experiences in participating in multi-disciplinary teams
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.