Global Labeling Lead (Senior Manager) Oncology/Vaccines and Other areas
The Global Labeling Lead (GLL) has overall accountability for the initial creation and relevant updates to labeling documents for their assigned products. This includes guiding the Labeling Team to develop and maintain Core Data Sheets (CDS), United States Package Inserts (USPI), Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) for products registered in the EU via the Centralized, Mutual Recognition or Decentralized Procedures, and their associated Patient Labeling Documents.
The GLL will drive labeling strategy by guiding and advising the Labeling Team on internal labeling guidance and policies and will raise awareness of important factors to consider when revising the label. The GLL will keep up to date with labeling guidelines and regulations as they pertain to the development/maintenance of US and EU labeling and will advise the Labeling Team on the application of these labeling principles. The GLL will also be knowledgeable on key labeling requirements worldwide. The GLL will ensure that downstream impact on Country Labeling Documents (CLDs) is considered during Labeling Team discussions. The GLL will advise the Labeling Team on the content of other labels in
the same therapeutic class, including competitor labeling, to help guide the team in developing labeling text.
The GLL provides project management to the Labeling Team throughout the entire process, from the request to update a CDS/USPI/SPC through notification to stakeholders, in order to ensure that these documents are produced in a timely manner according to internal SOPs and external regulatory requirements. This includes setting clear targets and prioritization plans, ensuring that Labeling Teams are aware of the required timelines and following up with Labeling Team members throughout the process so that deliverables remain on target to meet internal and external deadlines.
The GLL serves as the GLM primary point of contact for Labeling Team members (e.g. Regulatory Strategist, Safety Risk Lead, Functional Line SMEs, Labeling Justification Document/Clinical Overview author) and will provide day-to-day direction to Labeling Operations Managers so that labeling can be prepared and managed appropriately throughout Pfizer processes and systems. The GLL also interfaces with Hub Labeling Managers and Pfizer Country Office (PCO) colleagues to support timely and quality submissions globally.
The GLL will support the use and development of current and new tools, technologies and processes to support efficient global label development and worldwide submissions and approvals.
- Utilize regulatory, labeling and project management expertise to oversee and support the development, review and delivery of CDS, USPI, SPC (for products registered in the EU via the Centralized, Mutual Recognition or Decentralized procedures) and their associated Patient Labeling Documents. Manage complex labeling projects (e.g., development labeling for NCEs and NMEs) with some oversight.
- Engage in and contribute to Labeling Team discussions around content and format of the above mentioned documents, as well as downstream impact on CLDs worldwide.
- Act as a reviewer and approver of labeling documents ensuring that content complies with regulatory requirements and guidelines and company policies and procedures and that the label content can be incorporated into CLDs worldwide.
- Prioritize Labeling Team activities and set clear targets using effective project management. Follow up with Labeling Team members to secure their contributions so that internal and external deadlines are met. Identify and assist teams to overcome barriers in achieving quality and compliance.
- Ensure all actions taken within role follow applicable SOPs and associated documents so that high quality delivery of outputs and compliance is maintained. Ensure appropriate tracking of labeling projects via defined procedures and optimal use of systems.
- Contribute to the development of continuous improvement of business practices associated with processes and tools. Advocate for new labeling initiatives to immediate labeling stakeholders (e.g., Labeling Teams).
- For deliverables in scope, support responses to inquiries from Pfizer colleagues related to inspection activities and regulatory agency questions. Member of teams tasked with development of continuous improvement of business practices associated with processes and tools.
- Advocate for new labeling initiatives to labeling stakeholders within Therapeutic Area or Business Unit.
- Will train and provide guidance to other Global Labeling Leads as needed.
Bachelors plus 9 years experience
Knowledge of U.S. and EU regulations and guidelines pertaining to labeling and demonstrated ability to decipher and understand implications of label changes on pending and approved labels.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of company Core Data Sheets and the dynamics of Labeling Team purpose and objectives.
Demonstrated ability to understand how updating one section of a label may impact another and to propose recommendations to the Labeling Team.
Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to liaise with stakeholders using effective means of communication.
Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate where necessary, across a highly
Ability to work well in cross-functional teams, exhibiting a combination of active listening skills and the confidence to guide decision-making for the document content strategy.
Ability to interact effectively with all levels/roles of project team members.
Ability to manage own time for all projects, and to work on many tasks in parallel.
Takes ownership and accountability for assigned projects.
Proven ability to effectively lead Labeling team members to facilitate agreements, drive the Labeling Team toward its goals, and resolve issues.
Consistent ability to foster strong matrix team working relationships. Proven track record of facilitating groups of individuals across groups to work together on creating solutions.
Proven ability to make sound decisions even in ambiguous situations. In doing so, the job holder will proactively seek information and insight from a broad range of sources and weigh benefits and risks before making important decisions
.Interfaces directly with senior management as appropriate on labeling content and requirements. Interfaces directly with senior management as appropriate on prescribing information content and requirements.
Independently seeks to identify and resolve problems in a proactive manner.
- Masters degree plus 7 years experience
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
Additional Location Information:
NO Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Regulatory Affairs#LI-Remote #LI-PFE