Director, Strategy & Consulting (Oncology and I&I)
Pfizer’s business development and strategic planning acts as our corporate representative in all important negotiations impacting our ability deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. We need dedicated colleagues like you who can embrace challenges and develop breakthrough solutions to achieve our mission.
Reporting to theOncology andI&IStrategy Lead, this role is responsible for working with senior leaders inthoseBUsto shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies that will advance and grow the business. The scope of the role will include all areas under the purview of the group, including research, development, and commercial. While this position reports into the Strategy & Consulting team organizationally, this person will partner closely with leadership teamsof both Oncology and Inflammation & Immunology, in order to stay connected to key business challenges and opportunities, and ensure that there is alignment with strategic priorities, or make adjustments to priorities when necessary. The scope of the role will include contributions to market / BU strategic planning, management of projects related to key strategic issues, and insight and assessment of market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction.
- Partner with BU leadersand/or corporate functionsto develop business strategies at a global, and where appropriate, alocallevel. Identify key strategic imperatives and capabilities required to achieve these imperatives.
- Contribute tothe completion of an annual strategic plan, as well as a strategy action plan that manages the execution of the strategies.
- Lead, direct,or actively participate ina portfolio ofprojects that provide insight and direction for key strategic levers such as market development, customer needs assessment, competitive advantage, market and/or product prioritization.
- Provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact future business performance.
- Develop a deep expertise in market dynamics in order to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities and guide strategic direction.
- Understand the priorities ofthe triadsand/or corporate functional leadsto understand business needs and represent current status of opportunity evaluations.
- Develop external relationships that provide perspective of the diverse eco-system outside of Pfizeras it relates to the areas of the business you support.
- Collaborate with othercolleaguesand teams within the Strategy& Consulting organizationto identifyopportunitiesacrosscommercial categoriesfor alignment orbest-practice sharing.
- Actively participate in the Strategy & Consulting team, supporting Pfizer strategy through the perspective and experience of theorganizationsyou support.
- Directand provide day-to-day oversight toproject teams of colleagueswithvarying levels of experience,coaching and developingthemto build capability and performance.
- Create an engaging and productive work environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and excel.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Minimum 6 yearsofrelevantbiopharmaceuticalexperiencerequired, including experienceworkinginor withcommercial functions involving strategy development and/or strategicinitiatives(e.g., marketing, commercial development, market access & pricing, etc.)
- 3+ years of biopharmaceutical consulting experience strongly preferred
- Understandshealthcare andbiopharmaceuticalstrendsand market dynamics intheUSand other developed markets, isaware of competitor strategies, andunderstandsthe drug development process
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organizationwithoutdirectauthority(Category Presidents, department leaders, and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence executive commercial and research& developmentleaders
- Demonstratedstrong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability totee upthe right questions,identify alternative scenarios,articulateresulting implications, anddeveloprecommendationsfordecision-makingor action.
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications forthe BUs
- Demonstrated project leadership, managing complex workstreams and large teams ofcross-functionalcolleagues with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in overseeing the day to day work of junior resources, including providing coaching, mentorship, and development.
- Basic understanding of finance and P&L implications of any strategy
- Ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority.
- Excellentpresentation skills sufficient to address Global BU Leadership, ELT, and external audiences.
- BA/BS – required, life sciences degree helpful.Advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Bus Dev & Strategic Planning#LI-PFE