Manager, Program Manager
The Interactive Response Technology (IRT) Program Manager will be the primary Digital point of accountability for all IRT related systems, data, and support. IRTs are transactional software solutions, such as Impala and Impala 2.0, that are used by clinical trial sites to capture the screening, drug assignment, and visits for patients in Pfizer sponsored clinical trials, as well as Pfizer study implementation and support specialists for the IRT configuration and support of clinical trial protocols. The person in this role will work closely with the IRT Global Oversight Team in Global Clinical Supply (GCS) and Quality Assurance (QA) to lead the implementation and support of IRT related programs and serve as the Digital lead for IRT quality and compliance.
Bringing to bear both project management expertise and technology capabilities in the execution of project and program responsibilities, this role is responsible to lead and manage project team members in the delivery of technology solutions supporting Clinical Supply Chain & Distribution in partnership and collaboration with the GCS Client Partner, the Clinical Supply Solution Lead, the Clinical Distribution Lead, other Digital service providers and business stakeholders.
Deliver the digital and technology solutions for implementation and support of IRT systems, including Impala, Impala 2.0 and iView2.
- Ensure the delivery of project management that are appropriate for the size, scale, complexity and regulatory compliance of the assigned program(s) or project(s).
- Perform effective and clear stakeholder management communications and activities with a clear articulation of vision, direction, and expectations.
- Oversee project team members and their activities including supplier commitments.
- Effectively manage project and program resources including finances, commercial contracts, people, assets, computing platform and intellectual property.
- Establish strong relationships with key partnering Digital organizations to strengthen delivery of cross-functional solutions.
- Partner with the Clinical Supply Solution Lead, Clinical Supply Distribution Lead, GCS Client Partner and Business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the IRT system strategy.
- Work closely with BT QA, Business QA and Business SMEs to ensure quality, compliance and cybersecurity for IRT systems and data.
- Serve as the Digital escalation point for all IRT related risks and issues.
- Participate and/or lead other R&D Core Solutions as required.
- Partner closely with Clinical Supply Distribution lead.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience with emphasis on project management of software delivery projects
Required Capabilities and Experience:
- High proficiency and proven successful delivery of projects and programs using various delivery methodologies ranging from traditional waterfall to agile
- Experience with GxP software delivery and support
- Strong experience with vendor management for commercial software delivery and IT services
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in ambiguous situations
- Strong customer relationship building abilities
- Quick to establish trust and respect
- Action oriented and energetic
- Resourceful and creative
- Persistent and determined
- Mature and cool under pressure
- Easily makes connections
- Reads situations quickly
- Commitment and follow through
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work non-standard hours to address critical issues as necessary.
- May occasionally need to work on weekends to support deployments or assist with issues.
- May occasionally require travel, primarily to other Pfizer sites.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE