Principal Scientist, Oncology Alliances and Collaborations
You will be a key scientific contributor to driving innovation in scientific operations across Pfizer Oncology R&D, by designing and implementing effective internal and external research processes.You will have responsibility for management ofan external research portfolio that includes a combination of biotech alliances, academic collaborations, and outsourcing to Contract Research Organizations (CROs). You will be a member of the Oncology Alliances and Collaborations team, which provides broad support to Oncology Senior Leaders, Scientists, and Project Teams to enable key research collaborations that advance Pfizer Oncology R&D objectives.Depending on the nature of the partnership, you will build, develop, and manage all or parts of the partnership lifecycle, including evaluation of potential partners, developing research collaboration objectives, implementation of governance structures, managing deliverables and timelines, and maintaining and growing strategic alignment and overall partnership health.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your oncology and drug discovery experience and passion for science and operations!
- Applies both scientific and business operations knowledge to identify and evaluate external technologies and service capabilities, establish and manage different types of collaborations
- Serves as the research collaboration and business operations contact to advise and mobilize internal teams to drive decision-making that often involves external partnerships.
- Serves as a key contributor to a team dedicated to developing and implementing overall external collaboration strategies and processes for Pfizer Oncology R&D
- Proactively identifies needs for continuous improvement of research plans, business processes and workflows and leads multidisciplinary groups in creating and implementing improvements both internally and externally.
- Aligns strategy, objectives and deliverables both internally and with our partners and plans and coordinates activities between internal teams and external partners
- Responsible for assessing collaboration health and developing and implementing strategies to strengthen individual and organizational relationships with partners while driving productivity and maximizing value for Pfizer from partnerships
- With minimal guidance, manages day-to-day operations of research collaborations with biotech organizations, academic institutions, and CROs to deliver value to Pfizer Oncology projects
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with internal scientific and business partners, such as Oncology Leadership Team, Research Project Leaders, Business Development, Legal, Procurement, Finance, and Accounts Payable to maintain progress and efficiency for each collaboration and internal/external process
- Oversees financial and payment tracking, invoice resolution, and shipping logistics to ensure operational efficiency and ease of doing business for Pfizer teams and partners
- Collaborates with other members of the Alliances and Collaborations group and the Oncology Portfolio and Scientific Operations Department and mentors junior members of the team to achieve overall group mission and objectives
- PhD in a biological sciences or related field with 5+ years’ or Master’s degree with 10+ years’ or Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years’ relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ related experience in the pharma/biotech industry, with exposure toresearch collaboration managementand interactions with both US and non-US based companies and/or academic institutions.
- Oncology and drug discovery experience
- Knowledge of most corporate functions and operations across the industry
- Experience working effectively with people across all levels of the organization in a variety of business disciplines in a global environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as strong prioritization and time management skills
- Experience recognizing and creatively solving problems individually and with team members and knowing when to escalate to management
- Experience building and maintaining strong rapport with colleagues, customers and external partners
- NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Domestic and occasional international travel is necessary.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development