Postdoctoral Fellow in RNA therapeutics
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to participate in the Pfizer BioMedicine Design (BMD) postdoctoral program at Cambridge site. The postdoc will work with Pfizer colleagues and mentors to investigate the mechanism of action and improve the performance of RNA based delivery vectors. Under the guidance of research mentors, the successful candidate will drive the project forward with individual effort and independent study. The postdoc candidate should be highly motivated with a keen interest in RNA therapeutics development, RNA biology, vaccine, gene therapy, etc. Provided by an innovative industrial leader in the field of RNA therapeutics, this fellowship offers a unique training and development opportunity for a PhD level scientist to contribute to this powerful modality of medicine.
- Develop and implement independent research ideas
- Proactively conduct literature search to guide research strategy and experimental design
- Perform and analyze experiments with high technical and scientific standards
- Design and conduct hypothesis driven studies to understand the mechanism of action of RNA therapeutics using cellular, biochemical assays and large-scale screening
- Collaboration across departments or research units
- Effectively communicate results with scientific advisory panel through regular internal meetings to receive feedback on project progress
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in high impact journals and present results at internal and external meetings or conferences
- Recent PhD (0-1 yrs) in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with demonstrated productivity in independent research (first author publication submitted/published in a high-quality peer-reviewed journal)
- Skill sets in molecular and cellular biology: construct design and cloning, mammalian cell culture, FACS, cellular assays, qPCR, NGS sequencing, lentivirus
- Preferred experience in areas such as RNA biology, RNA virus, vaccine, gene therapy, innate immunity
- Preferred technical experience in CRISPR screening, high throughput sequencing analysis, gene editing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development