Associate Scientist, Robotics & Automation (non-PhD)
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Associate Scientist is responsible for the preparation of samples for preclinical and clinical serology studies to support vaccine development & clinical studies. This work will be performed within the Robotics and Automation area of the High-throughput Clinical Immunoassay and Diagnostics (HCID) group within Pfizer Vaccine Research & Development (VRD). The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing manual and robotic sample preparation, instrument qualification, and data organization. In addition, the Associate Scientist may train other analysts. All work is to be performed in a compliant manner, according to applicable SOPs and cGxP guidelines, as required.How You Will Achieve It
- Performs sample preparation for preclinical and clinical serology assays to support vaccine development and clinical studies. This includes manual and robotic sample preparation, use and maintenance of appropriate equipment, and preparation of relevant reagents. With the guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent performs moderately complex experiments and calculations, and discusses conclusions.
- Completes required documentation for all laboratory work. This includes the use of laboratory information management systems and/or paper forms.
- May train other analysts on established, basic technologies that they have become proficient.
- May participate in the qualification of new instruments and robotic methods following established protocols or scripts.
- Satisfactorily completes all required laboratory, cGxP and safety training, in conformance with departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGxP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Assist in the development of new and innovative projects with the use software technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in team environment
- Good computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science including but not limited to microbiological techniques acquired in academic/industrial setting.
- Prior knowledge of 3D printing and programming
Other Job Details
- Eligible for Relocation Support
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development