Senior Scientist, Cell Biology Core
The mission of the Biotechnology startup Earli Inc. is large and ambitious: to detect and then cure cancer at its earliest stages, effortlessly and pain free. In other words, ‘make cancer a benign experience’. The technology which grounds the company’s efforts ushers in a new era in “synthetic biomarkers” as a novel methodology to detect cancer and then subsequently localize and then treat the cancer. The enabling technology utilizes “synthetic biomarkers” as a novel methodology to detect, localize and ultimately destroy cancer. Founded by Sam Gambhir, Cyriac Roeding and David Suhy, the company is well funded by world-class entrepreneurs and venture capital firms. Earli, Inc. is currently based in Redwood City, California.
Who You Are
- You share our same sense of dedication, scientific passion and entrepreneurial spirit
- You work well in a fast-paced and extremely focused startup environment
- You are not only smart, but clever and constantly think outside the box
- You are able to make logical decisions in an instant when there is little time to evaluate
- You are a natural communicator and relationship builder
- You stay calm under high pressure and stress
- You have the ability to multi-task in a serious way, with an extreme attention to detail
- You become a representative of the core DNA of the company through who you are
Earli, Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic individual who is inspired to change the world by pushing the scientific envelope. She/he will have the title of Senior Scientist in the Cell Biology Core and will report directly to the VP of Biology.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Lead the Cell Biology Core as well as work as a hands on member to support the needs of scientific projects within the broader R&D team
- Act as lead stakeholder to drive timelines and quality outcomes for the Cell Biology Core and represent the Cell Biology Core cross-functional meetings
- Lead the efforts for growth and manipulation of established cell lines, primary cells as well as primary immune cells for use in setting up in vitro and in vivo preclinical models
- Lead the efforts for cell engineering and the characterization (via FACS, sequencing and other molecular techniques) of stable mammalian cell lines for use with Earli’s platform technology
- Work on the development of in vitro systems from primary tumors including organoids and in vitro PDX models
- Provide hands-on technical expertise and scientific guidance to team members and lead junior colleagues
Your Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- PhD, MS, or BS in in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience with responsibilities as outlined above
- Experience in all of the latest techniques in mammalian stable cell line generation including transfection, selection, maintenance and expansion of cell lines, limiting dilution, and clone screening
- Strong hands-on experience with cell biology tools and concepts, including transfection, transduction, multicolor flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, MACS, IHC.
- Previous experience in characterization and sorting on modified immune cells via FACs or single cell sequencing is a plus
- Previous experience in developing organoid models or cell lines from PDX models is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive project timelines
- Previous experience in mentoring and training junior scientist is required
- Exceptional verbal communication and scientific writing skills are required
- Ability to integrate and collaborate into a high achieving team environment
If interested in applying, please attach a CV or have a well-developed LinkedIn profile for us to be able to assess your background.
We look forward to hearing from you!