Human Resources Business Partner
Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
In this newly created role, our HR Business Partner will align creative, progressive talent strategies with business objectives to deliver a tailored, value-added service to cross-functional teams. You will partner with leaders across the company to support and navigate the complexities of a dynamic, technology-driven, and rapidly-growing company as we scale in preparation for product release.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with thoughtful leaders and employees to improve working relationships, collaboration, innovation, morale, and engagement
- Provide coaching and advise department leadership when necessary
- Collaborate with leaders on department organization restructures, workforce planning, succession planning, and change management
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units
- Provide employee performance management guidance to management through coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective objective investigations, and partnering with Legal when necessary
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Identify training needs for business units and executive coaching opportunities
- Evaluate, monitor, and track training programs to ensure successful outcomes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or related field; or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of progressive HR experience with 2+ years in an HRBP role, preferably at a fast-growing company
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation, employee relations, and performance management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coach, influence, and partner with diverse client groups while establishing credibility and trust
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations based on the analysis
- Solid knowledge of state-specific and Federal employment laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADAAA, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with HR Department applications, tools, or related software
- HR certification preferred
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.