Senior Technical Product Manager (PhenoMap)
If you made a list of all the things your perfect job would have, what would be on it? Would it include a mission that truly justified the word “mission?” Would it involve being part of one of the best scientific research and production labs in the world creating petabytes of insight-rich data? Would it be a place filled with smart people all trying to help you do the best work of your career? Would it have leadership that could see an almost science fiction-like future and was looking to you to get there?
Recursion has been purpose-built to do things that have quite literally never been done before. And while we have resources and an amazing lab, the secret sauce is our people. They are the ones who make big bets and deal in orders of magnitude instead of thinking incrementally, and the result is clear: Six years ago, we were doing plate manufacturing by hand. Today, we are able to process and scan more than a million experiments every week.
As Senior technical Product Management, you’ll push yourself as you collaborate with some of the smartest people in data science, biology, chemistry and biotech, finding new ways to do your best collective work. You will help ensure that our new products are truly engines for industrializing drug discovery, delivering core infrastructure that transforms the way.
Recursion is heaven for a product manager, a place where you can think big. If you see this kind of approach as freeing and exciting rather than daunting, read on.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help build and advance the software platforms that make Recursion run. This includes the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. In particular, you will:
- Design seamless product experiences that transform how our scientists work with data
- Partner closely with biologists, chemists, and data scientists, and engineers to build platforms and tools that accelerate our mission to decode biology.
- Use a customer-centric approach to build platforms that deliver value.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive solution development from start to finish.
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We work with technical and scientific teams across the organization. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of industry experience in product management with a focus on technical products or backend products
- Deep partnership with technology partners such as product designers, engineers, architects, and data scientists. Experience with biologists and/ or chemists is a plus
- Experience with building intuitive and impactful user experiences
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
Meet a Product Manager at Recursion
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
Recursion requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.