Director, Training, Global Oncology Medical Affairs
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director, Training Global Oncology Medical Affairs (GOMA) is responsible for the development of global training curricula and execution of global training plans across the oncology franchise. Working closely with regional teams to understand knowledge gaps, this position supports scientific readiness of the Medical Affairs teams and oversees the development of training content and events.
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of GOMA educational training initiatives to enhance capabilities and effectiveness
- Ensure development of high-quality medical trainings, aligned to the medical strategy
- Apply learning principles to the execution of training content and events to optimize training effectiveness
- Utilize measurements of training quality and effectiveness
- Partner with internal stakeholders to proactively identify knowledge gaps and training needs, to establish learning curricula ensuring expertise within Medical Affairs teams
- Build training programs to support onboarding within Medical Affairs
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of a global medical training platform
- Partner with DS IT department and Medical Affairs systems personnel in the development and/or updating of systems-based solutions related to training content delivery
- Drive continuous improvement by consistently enhancing educational programs and lead initiatives to apply innovative training initiatives
- Serve as integral member of the GOMA Team to
- Ensure regional training functions are aligned with the overall global medical strategies and objectives;
- Assure knowledge and information transfer between regional and global training function and other functions across Global/Regional Medical Affairs;
- Participate as a strategic partner with the brand/franchise area team and Medical Affairs colleagues to ensure identification of opportunities and drive appropriate integration of Medical Training staff
- Oversee projects/initiatives within GOMA, or across functions, as assigned
- Assist in developing/reviewing/updating Global policies and procedures
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PharmD preferred
- PhD preferred or
- Master's Degree in Health Sciences may be considered with additional experience
- 4 or More Years in a medically-related field including industry experience in Medical Affairs preferred (experience in medical training is strongly preferred)
- Successful track record of leading a Medical Affairs Training team strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve results preferred
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.