MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next- generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 16 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Responsible for purchasing materials and services as well as building relationships with suppliers. Keep suppliers' information and lead times up to date. Ensure that the purchasing process is followed in a manner that is consistent with MaxCyte's policies and goals. Assist with incoming material inspections and make sure all the paperwork associated with a purchase is received. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
• NetSuite clean-up and maintenance of supplier contact information (Phone numbers, emails, contact person)
• Build relationships with your suppliers, and other cross functional partners
• Contact suppliers for updated quotes and lead times
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other issues
• Own purchase order edits, tracking questions and maintenance. Following up with suppliers, making edits or changes to POs to meet minimums, correct errors, fill back orders, etc.
• Follow up with suppliers to obtain and manage PO reconciliation files/responses Updated 10-24-2017
• Obtain updated shipping information (estimated receipt date and quantities) for all production raw materials
• Effectively resolve disputes, hold crucial conversations, and recommend solutions to identify the root cause and correct problems as needed
• Assist in developing and updating procurement policies, procedures, and forms.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years' experience in a corporate environment, particularly in a purchasing related role such as sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, or comparable role with transferrable skills
• Experience with NetSuite is desired
• Knowledge of the medical device industry or highly regulated industry is desired
• Must be organized, possess time management skills, and be able to manage changing priorities
• Strong and proficient technology skills and the ability to produce accurate and professional documents
• Strong and effective organizational, interpersonal, negotiation and verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to compile, organize, and present data
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and/or cover letter . Please reference Purchasing Agent in the subject line.