Research Associate II or III
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 16 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary:The Research Associate is part of a team that works on cell loading technologies with applications that include gene and cell therapy and protein production. This individual executes a variety of laboratory procedures to ensure timely completion of the company's scientific objectives and customer requirements. This individual also provides lab support to scientists working with customers in the field. Works under general supervision.
• Performs general molecular techniques such as plasmid purification, gel- electrophoresis, DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, DNA subcloning, Western blot, Elisas, basic cell transfection experiments, and basic flow cytometry.
• Prepares research summaries, provides input to interpretation of experimental results, and troubleshoots general technical problems.
• Maintains cell lines for experiments and freezes cells.
• Ensures all data is appropriately archived; maintains a pristine laboratory notebook detailing all experimental work.
• Prepares and sends laboratory reagents and supplies for instrument demonstrations to support domestic and international field application scientists.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others both within and between departments.
• Uses scientific literature to keep aware of current technologies. 3-21-2018
• Attends and presents results at department meetings and may present at company meetings.
• Maintains inventory and orders lab supplies.
• Maintains, calibrates and operates equipment according to established protocols. Monitors equipment for appropriate operation within set parameters and refers abnormal results to lab management.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS in biological sciences and at least 2 years of laboratory experience; or equivalent.
• Hands on experience in basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques including PCR, immunoassays, and mammalian and insect cell culture.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Works well both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to write clear and concise research reports and formally present own work to small groups.
• Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Research Associate in the subject line.