Scheduler / Planner
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Scheduler/Planner for our Canton location. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business or another related field. An APICS/ASCM certification is preferred. Must have 2-4 years of related experience and prior biopharmaceutical planning and scheduling and experience with SAP is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skill, have strong analytical skills and have the ability to work cross functionally in a matrixed environment. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The candidate will be responsible for production scheduling activities using SAP as the planning platform. This includes developing and maintaining material requirements and working cross-functionally to develop manufacturing and inventory plans to meet business objectives. The candidate will author Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) and other quality documents. The candidate will also support global or site projects as assigned, or their professional interest allows.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and other internal customers to collect material requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with department management and staff to Build the site production schedule and distribute to business partners and leadership.
- Maintain raw materials, semifinished goods, and finished goods requirements in SAP.
- Maintain MRP parameters for raw materials, semifinished goods, and finished goods in SAP.
- Create and maintain process orders in SAP.
- Transact the sale of finished goods to customers in SAP.
- Communicate risks and/or changes that will impact the supply of materials.
- Participate in the global Sales and Operations Planning/Sales and Operation execution program.
- Monitor purchase orders and receipt of raw materials to date of release. Work cross-functionally with the Procurement and Quality to expedite as required.
- Take initiative to react quickly and creatively to disruptions as needed.
- Create, revise, and route departmental SOPs and other quality documents.
- Support the development of department metrics, KPIs and monitoring of site performance to integrated schedule.
- Ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Sarbanes Oxley, and Government Contractor Compliance.
- Initiate, route, and complete Quality Notifications including Deviations, CAPAs, and Change Controls as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business, or related field
- APICS/ASCM certification preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Prior Biopharmaceutical Planning and Scheduling experience preferred
- Experience working in a cGMP Manufacturing environment preferred
- ERP system experience required; SAP experience preferred
- Previous Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Collaborative personality that promotes teamwork
- Able to work cross functionally in matrixed environment
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.