Research Associate, Analytical Development
Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswap™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual with a strong passion for learning to join the Process and Product Development team as Research Associate, Analytical Development. In this position, the research associate will work within the P&PD team to analyze AAV samples and report results from our proprietary viral vector process. This is an exciting opportunity to learn, develop and implement cutting edge AAV analysis techniques as well as grow your career in a rapidly evolving market. The ideal applicant will have experience analyzing DNA, RNA, or protein modalities. Detail oriented, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform qPCR, ddPCR, and/or ELISA assays to support P&PD experiments.
- Independently follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results
- Perform a broad range of relevant analytical techniques to help quantify and characterize AAV (e.g. DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoassays, flow cytometry, HPLC)
- Assist in development of analytical methods
- Maintain laboratory supplies and reagents
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience in protein or virus analysis
- DNA/RNA purification
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think creatively and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with qPCR and/or ddPCR
- Experience with ELISA quantification
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.