Senior Software Product Manager
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Eikon is looking for an experienced Software Product Manager to gather, synthesize, articulate, and drive the Drug Discovery group’s needs. Discovery is a group of biologist, biochemists, and medicinal chemists whose mission is to discover new drugs. Engineering builds many of the tools that enable the Discovery team’s effort. You will work closely with key Discovery leaders and engineering teams to optimize the delivery of software features to the Discovery team.
What You’ll Do
- Gather and clearly communicate drug discovery needs and requirements to diverse group of stakeholders including engineering, leadership, other customers
- Mold customer needs into well-articulated requirements
- Work with engineering to define software solutions
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize solutions and develop a release plan
- Communicate those solutions and how those solutions fit into a larger product vision
- Develop and drive a long-term strategic vision
- Develop a deep understanding and empathy for your customer
- BA or BS in a STEM-related field
- 5 or more years of experience in a product owner or product manager role
- Technical understanding of biology, drug discovery process, and/or microscopy (computer vision)
- Demonstrated understanding of the full software development cycle including:
- Gathering requirements to develop a product road map and long-term strategic vision
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs) and system use cases
- Ability to quickly mock-up potential solutions (e. g., wireframes)
- Experience as a user of scientific software, including scientific domain expertise
- Ability to write release notes and other documentation
- Familiarity with change management
- Comfort with measuring customer satisfaction including:
- Mapping the team's actions to business impact
- Defining metrics of success
- Running retrospectives
- Intimate understanding of Agile process (Scrum and Kanban). Extremely comfortable with Jira including:
- Writing excellent stories, epics and user acceptance criteria
- Grooming the backlog
- Conducting bug scrubs
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.