Baebies is a medical device company that develops and commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products for children and adults to enable early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start," their mission is to save lives and make lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare professionals worldwide.
The Payroll Administrator/Office Manager will handle all duties related to payroll at Baebies for both salaried (semi-monthly pay) and hourly (bi-weekly pay) employees. Their primary duties will include preparing and processing employee paychecks as well as reporting. Additionally, the incumbent will provide administrative support for day-to-day operations at Baebies’ facilities.
Personality traits most predictive of success in this role include attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees and external vendors.
Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, distribution and reconciliation of payroll and the administration of the payroll system.
- Reviews the computation of pay and associated deductions for accuracy.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of city, state, local, and federal legislation affecting payroll; understands and follows applicable provisions.
- Prepares required payroll tax filings and other reporting.
- Completes 401(k) submissions and related reporting.
- Coordinates payroll processing with Paylocity and Replicon systems.
- Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks or payroll reporting.
- Ensures payroll issues are escalated and resolved promptly.
- Sets up employees and process updates in payroll & timeclock system (Replicon).
- Maintains employee records across systems to facilitate labor allocation through Replicon
- Ensures timesheet hours meet company guidelines.
- Administers the Paid Time Off policies and resolves employee inquiries regarding PTO.
- Suggests and implements process improvements.
- Answer company phone line and emails
- Check the mail at off-site PO Box daily
- Liaise with the tenant leasing office (tenant emails, repair requests, etc.)
- Interact with external vendors when needed
- Filing and scanning documents
- Stocking office supplies and breakroom items
- Maintain all common areas (kitchen, break room, conference rooms)
- Administrative assistance on onboarding new employees
- Work with others to plan and organize company events and activities
· AA/S or BA/S in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
· CPP Certification a plus, but not required
· 2+ years payroll processing experience (for a minimum of 80 employees) required, must include hourly payroll
· Knowledge of Replicon and/or Paylocity a plus, but not required
· High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and computation
· Strong customer service drive- extremely personable and enthusiastic
· Willingness and eagerness to help others in all office situations
· Well-spoken- able to hold conversations with employees at all levels
· High proficiency in written communication
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Proficiency in Excel
· In-depth understanding of labor rules and regulations, especially FLSA
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
This position is full-time onsite; should have availability between 8am-5pm.
Compensation & Benefits
Baebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment surrounded by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start”, our team is devoted to our customers and to advancing technology in early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look for people who are innovative, dedicated to our mission, and constantly striving to improve the status quo.
In addition to competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies provides a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
· 100% employee premiums for Medical & Vision coverage
· 100% employee and family premiums for Dental coverage
· 401K Matching
· Stock Options
· 4 Weeks PTO
· 14 Paid Holidays per year
· Paid Employee Life Insurance
· Onsite free gym membership & classes
Discount Pet & Legal Insurance
Fertility & Family Support
· . . . Much more!