Sourcing Manager - Clinical Procurement
The Manager Global Development/Clinical Sourcing will be responsible to support and assist in the development and implementation of the Category Management strategy by gathering and business unit supply needs and specifications for the Clinical Operations This person works collaboratively with the Clinical Teams, Category Managers and business unit partners to commercially & competitively assess the supply base’s capabilities and qualifications for Regeneron’s interests. The Manager may own the supplier relationship and manages ongoing performance and service delivery. This person must have demonstrated capability to manage a supply base and increase value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.A typical day might include:
- Leads and/or works with others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Requires broad understanding of the processes, procedures and systems and is able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact
- Responsible for specific contractual agreements, works with internal legal department, and drives any changes that are critical to Regeneron’s interest
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies for respective area of spend responsibility to optimize value
- Solicits and analyzes requests for proposals, negotiates contracts, and ensure contract objectives are delivered (savings, SLAs, etc.); ensures compliance with local pricing agreements and internal policies/procedures
- Manages local vendor/supplier relationships and ensures performance and accountability are tracked/improved
- Develops and manages program policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, related laws and governmental guidelines
- Informs and influences decision making at the management level
- Manages supplier integration plans with internal clients for all services for consumption by internal partners, business unit or function
- Conducts supplier relationship management activities as guided by the Supplier Management Program to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among peers & junior team members
- Experience working on Clinical Trials and operating under GCP as well as experience working with Clinical Service Providers
- Working knowledge of sourcing and procurement, planning supplier interface and negotiations, spend analytics and systems applications such as Zycus, Oracle, iCertis (Contracts Management), MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to use standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Working level proficiency using negotiations skills
- Cost modeling knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
- Program management experience and project management experience required
- Bachelor’s plus 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferably include 5 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech.
- Master’s plus 5 years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferably include 3 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.