R&D Specialist (In Vivo - Small Animal Surgery and Cohort Management)
We are seeking an experienced R&D Specialist to join the Oncology/Angiogenesis group of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at Tarrytown, NY. You will join our ongoing efforts to generate liver disease animal models. The preferred candidate should have extensive experience with in vivo rodent disease models (especially small animal survival surgery), as well as solid background in cell biology techniques.
As an R&D Specialist, a typical day may include the following:
1. Performing liver engraftment experiments with mice and/or rats: engraftment of primary hepatocytes into host animals, pre- and post- engraftment care and monitoring, drug administration and tissue harvesting
2. Animal husbandry, taking care of experimental animal cohorts
3. Running cell-based assays on primary hepatocytes and other cell types in the liver to understand biological/pathological/pharmacological processes-of-interest
4. Develop novel cell/tissue culture systems or in vitro assays when needed
5. Analyze and document data, communicate results clearly and concisely to supervisor and peers
6. Daily lab maintenance (i.e. ordering reagents and supplies)
This role may be for you if:
- You are motivated, flexible and capable of working both independently and in a team setting
- You possess strong organization, documentation and communication skills
- Necessary interpersonal skills and team spirit are essential
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS + 5 years of experience or an MS with at least 3 years of relevant work experience. We are seeking extensive experience in rodent experiments as well as someone who is skilled in survival surgery on small animals (mice or rats). Experience with liver models and/or hepatocyte culturing is highly desirable. Proficient with tissue culture and cell-based assays. Expertise in flow cytometry is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.