Research Associate – Entomology
At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Research Associate to join our Plant Health Discovery team. Greenlight is developing cutting edge RNA technologies as environmentally friendly solutions that address key challenges in global food security. In this role you will be integrally involved in the discovery and development of novel biopesticides by elucidating dsRNA mode of action in crop pests. The ideal candidate will have molecular biology and cell biology skills, preferably with insects, applicable to mechanisms of RNA interference and gene expression analyses. Exceptional technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a commitment to excellence and high-quality work in a fast-paced, milestone-driven company, are essential.
- Independently and collaboratively conduct gene expression analyses using PCR and RT-qPCR
- Conduct in vivo studies of RNA-based biopesticide stability and metabolism
- Conduct molecular assays using cultured insect cells and dissected insect tissues
- Determine the fate of dsRNA in vivo using PCR and deep sequencing analyses
- Design novel assay formats to address hypotheses critical to project success
- Collect and analyze data using standard statistical methods
- Use creative problem-solving skills to innovate and troubleshoot assay challenges
- Work collaboratively across projects to maximize assay capacity and improve methodology
- Work collaboratively with our R&D team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- Proactively create and maintain a safe working environment
- B.S. in Molecular or Cellular Biology preferably with insects. At least 2-5 years relevant experience or a MSc degree with 0-2 years experience
- Molecular biology experience applicable to gene expression analyses
- Competence in computational biology and genomics
- Experience maintaining and working with insect cell cultures
- Experience with assay imaging is desirable
- A demonstrated track record of delivering on goals, achieving a high standard of work, strong communication skills and a commitment to team success
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.