Center of Excellence (COE), Project Manager
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Depending on the scope, complexity, and strategic importance of the process / business optimization related program or project, a Project Manager may have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Manage program and project related tasks, maintain and track high quality integrated project plans and dashboards for reporting and decision making consisting of several Worldwide R&D (WWRD) projects
- Coordinate interdependencies between projects under the program and manage risks and issues at a program level;
- Coordinate bi-directional communication between the program/project teams and the Sponsor/Steering committee;
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practices to operational excellence program / project management techniques and tools
- Manage the full project lifecycle for WWRD projects from initiation to closure using appropriate project management methodology
- Build plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensure adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding; Manage all artifacts associated with the project lifecycle
- Establish project metrics and communicate project progress
- Assist with compiling reports, presentations and communications for internal stakeholders
- Work with WWRD business areas to conduct assessments of potential areas of improvement such as process and/or policy gaps or other business needs analysis and facilitate the development of steps to address any areas of opportunity
- Apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies, such as root cause analysis, process mapping, RACI, lessons learned, and “Voice of Customer” analysis to business problems in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyze and interpret metrics or relevant data to provide business insights
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
Preferred expertise in:
- Project & Program Management
- Process Excellence/Improvement or Lean-DMAIC
- BA or BS Degree preferred in Business, Life Sciences or Engineering
- Certification in PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.