Inventory Control Specialist
Summary of the Position
This is a hands-on position in Reference Standard Production (RSP). The incumbent is responsible for receiving, inspecting, storing, and documenting receipt of bulk reference standard materials (chemicals) and components for USP, The Inventory Control Specialist is expected to serve as an effective member of a team working cohesively to properly receive standard material, maintain inventory accuracy and follow USP’s quality protocols. This position is a component of USP’s core business, and the incumbent is expected to support departmental quality initiatives and USP’s culture of safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs bulk receipt tasks including document verification, verification of storage conditions, proper internal storage, ERP transactions and communication of relevant receipt information to pertinent departments. Create and distribute regular reports detailing bulk materials received.
- Perform regular inventory cycle counts and report findings. Investigate out of tolerance count discrepancies. Assist with production materials inventory in support of successful supply chain management, including stocking supplies, dispensing components, and participating in physical inventory activities.
- Prepare and ship chemical reference standard materials between domestic USP sites per US DOT regulations.
- In support of a quality product, conducts all tasks with excellence and minimal errors. This position is expected to proactively seek opportunities for departmental continuous improvement.
- Takes personal ownership of work assigned, continuing to meet department targets while prioritizing additional responsibilities.
- Assist with lab work involving repackaging and mixing bulk materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of work experience with data entry, shipping/receiving, material management.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Proficiency with basic mathematical calculations for bulk weights
- Successful testing and certification for folk lift training
- Previous experience with Oracle and Master Control software
- Knowledge of biopharmaceuticals, science-based or health care organizations desired.
- Prior experience in a scientific based industry.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability and desire to work with well with diverse employees and across various departments in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast -paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Able to operate independently when appropriate yet understands when to escalate issues and exhibit critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.