Associate Director, Global Forecasting Oncology
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Reporting to the Senior Director, I&A, the Associate Director, Global Oncology Forecasting will drive creation of demand and revenue forecasts. The Associate Director is a dynamic member of the Global Oncology I&A Team and partners closely with Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Marketing, MA, R&D, Finance, Regulatory and Market Access internally across global and regional teams and externally including with Alliance Partner(s). This individual will work closely with Global Market Research team members to integrate insights and key assumptions into forecast models and outputs which comprises in part the global guidance provided to regions across DS. The Associate Director serves as a strategic partner to senior leadership by assessing and presenting financial scenarios within the Oncology business unit and helps brand teams and stakeholders make informed strategic decisions through the clear development & articulation of scenarios under consideration.
- Deliver global forecasts, perform sensitivity analysis and variance analysis with supporting rationale versus prior forecasts.
Facilitate discussions to formulate key assumptions, articulate and frame insights, commercial risks and opportunities.
Ensure rigor in global forecast assumptions by incorporating CI and Market Research insights.
Integrate with the Global Marketing teams and provide a data driven point of view for inline and pipeline asset valuations
Create relevant deliverables and clearly present the forecasts and associated assumptions.
Maintain full accountability for the robustness and transparency of global forecasts of inline brands and assets / indications in clinical development.
Support commercial assessment of Early-Stage assets for assigned assets and indications
- Lead the enhancement, design and implementation of current and new forecast models to support the growing needs of the OBU
Maintain with latest insights and CI all relevant forecast models to inform quarterly LE’s, AF’s as well as mid & long-range financial planning cycles and governance milestone decisions including DP’s
- Ensure alignment with Global and Regional stakeholders across functions regarding key assumptions and valuations.
- Support commercial leadership in their communication of forecast assumptions, outputs, and scenarios to cross-functional business partners, senior management, and regional stakeholders.
- Serve as a credible and strategic partner to all the stakeholders of this role including Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Market Access, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development.
- Partner with regional commercial analytics for performance tracking and dashboards
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in health sciences, business or marketing preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- 4 or More Years years in forecasting and analytics in Pharma/Biotech required
- Extensive experience working in Global Oncology or Hematology
- Ability to synthesize complex information sets & successfully communicate simply to senior leaders
- Experience operating successfully in a complex organizational environment
- Experience interacting with senior management, understanding, anticipating, and fulfilling their insight/ analytical information requirements
- Extensive experience in the application of forecasting, advanced analytics and reporting techniques to solve business problems required
Ability to travel up to 10% Global and domestic travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.