Flow Cytometry Specialist (MSAT)
We are a fast-paced, innovative, forward-thinking, and highly collaborative culture of scientists, technologists, R&D and other professionals that focus on therapies for small tumors including breast, gastric, ovarian, pancreatic, gall bladder and lung cancer. Triumvira has developed a proprietary T-cell Antigen Coupler (TAC) therapies that uniquely help T-cells recognize and eliminate tumor cells. We are currently in Phase I/II clinical trials and are excited to advance our pipeline so that we can improve patient lives.
This is a Lab-Based position that works in the office daily at our Hamilton, ON facility and is not a remote/virtual work role.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada without visa sponsorship, as Triumvira does not provide visa support.
The Flow Cytometry Specialist (MSAT) will perform flow cytometric staining of clinical and research grade material, perform preliminary analysis of results, and maintain additional laboratory/office duties. The right candidate will have the ability to support clinical research and development programs while also interfacing with other scientific teams. The candidate will be asked to independently perform tasks, interpret results, and troubleshoot basic flow cytometry experiments. Additionally, when needed, this position will assist with training, assay transfer, and be amenable to flexibility in working hours.
- Receives specimen samples in various states of use and triage for appropriate experimental analysis.
- Determine cell concentration using automated cell counting devices.
- Processing and verification of appropriate process and experimental controls for both clinical and research samples.
- Perform complex cell staining procedures using a variety of dye and antibody cocktails.
- Use and maintain optimal performance of the Beckman Coulter Cytoflex flow cytometer and associated software.
- Independently perform additional laboratory tasks (testing and documentation). Follow appropriate lab procedures on specimen processing and handling, testing, analyzing, reporting and maintaining complete and accurate records of all testing performed.
- Assist with general and flow cytometry specific reagent inventory management.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or a related field of study.
Master's Degree Preferred (not required)
Work-related Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies. Triumvira is not open to Recruiting/Staffing agency support at this time. Our in-house recruiting team manages all employment opportunities. Please do not contact Triumvira employees directly. If you would like to be considered in future years as a vendor partner, submit your company overview to Human Resources.