The Senior Scientist is responsible for planning and executing internal research activities.
The senior scientist will be an integrated member of the non-clinical team and will present data to all team members. This individual will be heavily involved in managing the on-site laboratory, performing in vitro assays, and collecting and interpreting data as appropriate. We are looking for a talented individual with experience in molecular biology, data collection and interpretation, immunology, and bioinformatic data analysis.
Assist in the design and execution of non-clinical experiments, including:
- Mammalian tissue culture
- Cell viability assays
- In vitro cell treatment with small molecule inhibitors
- Gene expression analysis via qRT-PCR
- Protein degradation assays
- Western Blot
- Perform technical procedures in a research laboratory under minimal supervision by applying standard scientific techniques and analytical principles
- Review, interpret, and report results to non-clinical team
- Provide assistance to non-clinical team members and other related duties as assigned
- Support the day-to-day operation of the on-site lab including serving as safety officer, maintaining inventory records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- PhD in molecular biology, protein degradation, immunology, or related field
- At least two years of industry experience
- Experience in targeted protein degradation assays
- Experience in small molecule cancer therapeutic development
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and proficiency at multi-tasking