Senior Director, Business Development & Licensing
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Senior Director, Senior Director, Business Development & Licensing will be an integral part of Eikon’s growing business development team, and will have responsibilities across multiple areas. This individual will work with our CBO and other senior managers to help identify assets that may be acquired or in-licensed - both to supplement Eikon’s homegrown pipeline and to ensure that our growing research and clinical development teams are fully utilized - and will also help to identify new capabilities and technologies to supplement the tools that we currently use at Eikon to design and develop important medicines for patients.
The Senior Director will interface with potential partners, investment bankers, and other important stakeholders, and will work with internal scientific experts and external consultants to manage the due diligence process. This person will be essential to the process of negotiating deals between Eikon Therapeutics and other companies, and therefore must possess the diplomatic skills needed to balance the interests of Eikon’s scientific, business, IP and legal teams against those of the external partner, and to encourage both parties to agree on terms. The ideal candidate is someone with deep experience who prioritizes collaboration, excels in a fast-paced environment, is results-oriented, and is motivated to deliver excellence consistently in their work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the CBO and other important stakeholders on sourcing, evaluating and negotiating important deals for Eikon Therapeutics
- Work closely with the CBO on the hiring and supervision of BD&L department staff
- Represent the Company in interactions with potential and existing partners
- Apply deep scientific understanding of biology, chemistry and the drug discovery and development process to help to select and execute on the right deals for Eikon Therapeutics
- Collaborate with and provide advice to colleagues and leaders across the Company
- MD, PhD or Masters-Level scientific training
- 10-12 years of relevant experience in doing business development in or for companies in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate clearly (in writing and verbally) and collaborate effectively with leadership, scientists, drug developers and G&A colleagues
- Excellent scientific judgment, project management and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.