Associate Systems Physicist
The Associate Systems Physicist is part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy and imaging use experts. This team works with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy products. The Associate Systems Physicist works with the team in the design and development of the RefleXion radiotherapy system.
This hands-on role based out of Hayward, requires basic understanding of physics, radiotherapy QA and commissioning and clinical workflow aspects applied to radiation therapy. The Associate Systems Physicist will be expected to be detail oriented and support medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, hazard analysis, and formal testing. He or she engages the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Supports medical physics projects to validate the clinical performance of RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy system
- Support machine QA and beam commissioning of the RefleXion system both in-house and potentially at customer sites.
- Work on simulations and Python scripts for data analysis and QA.
- Supports Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Collaborates with other functions within the company as needed i.e. regulatory, product education, training, sales and marketing
- Publishes system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Science or PhD degree Physics or Engineering with relevant research work experience
- Background in radiation physics, radiation therapy and oncology.
- Ability to program in Python or equivalent language for simulation and data analysis.
- Big plus if you have prior experience with measurements in radiation therapy such as water phantom, and film dosimetry.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site