R&D Specialist (Immunology, Autoimmunity)
Exciting and fast-paced research group is seeking a motivated and intellectually curious R&D Specialist to join a highly collaborative team working in autoimmunity, innate and adaptive immune cell biology, and tissue immunity. This individual will have the opportunity to engage in cutting edge immunological research as part of our discovery efforts and to contribute to human health at every stage of drug discovery and development. You will support a broad pipeline in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases by executing in vivo experiments in mice as well as in vitro assays. We need an employee who enjoys working in a team oriented environment, possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
As an R&D Specialist in Inflammation and Immunology, a typical day my consist of the following:
- Conducting experiments, predominantly using in vivo and in vitro immunology and basic lab techniques
- Troubleshoot methodological and technical issues, interpret experimental data and literature, and communicate results to supervisor, department, or project team
- Analyzing data and interpret results of experiments within the context of research project goals and work closely with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations and papers in the area of expertise during internal and external meetings
- Maintaining accurate and complete records
- Maintenance of state of the art laboratory equipment and ordering supplies/reagents to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment
- Provide knowledge to project advancement by developing new methods or technologies and troubleshooting
This role may be for you if:
- You have a proven track record with handling and care of mice
- You possess basic computer and experience collecting and analyzing biological data on the computer is a necessity
- You are highly organized, flexible and motivated
- You are enthusiastic and engaged in the science, highly motivated to learn new science and techniques, and prepared to let the data guide the project
To be considered for this position, you must have a BS + 5 years of experience or MS with 2 years of relevant experience in inflammation, autoimmunity or mouse models. Confirmed ability working with general surgical techniques, and the collection of blood and tissue samples. Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, qPCR and/or in vitro immunological assays is preferred, however, training can be provided. Experience in analyzing biological data using GraphPad Prism, SoftMax Pro, FlowJo or Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) Discovery Workbench software is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.