Senior Scientist/Associate Director, Genomics
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
We are seeking a talented Senior Scientist/Associate Director to join our Genomics team. In this role you would develop and implement next generation sequencing (NGS) assays to support our translational pipeline based on gene correction in hematopoietic stem cells. Your work on the Genomics team would interface with teams from research & development to translational and would drive gene editing research activities and translational assay development.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement NGS assays to characterize gene editing outcomes
- Assess how single cell sequencing approaches can be used to characterize edited cells and patient samples
- Evaluate novel and orthogonal methods for in-house implementation or out-sourcing
- Utilize liquid handling robots to scale and automate NGS workflows
- Apply your experience and technical expertise to support and mentor team members
- Collaborate with bioinformatics scientists to develop data analysis pipelines
- Partner with other research scientists to develop next generation gene editing approaches
- Support drug product release and characterization by developing fit-for-purpose methods
- Draft protocols and SOPs. Facilitate tech transfer of methods to different teams or CROs
- Partner with the analytical team or CROs for assay qualification and validation
- Interpret and analyze scientific data effectively and communicate findings internally and externally. Ensure high-quality documentation for regulatory submissions and publications
- Work with corporate legal to file intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries
What You Will Bring:
- Ph.D. in genomics, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of Genomics related industry experience
- Experience supervising research associates and scientists
- Experience managing cross-functional collaborations and CROs
- Strong background in molecular biology and a range of NGS workflows
What Graphite Will Bring:
At Graphite Bio, we are intentionally building a community that is inspired, diverse, and curious. For this role, and all roles, we seek someone who is:
- Determined. You share our mission to bring curative gene editing to patients. And you know the need is urgent.
- People-focused. You prioritize relationships. You value differences and are an excellent listener.
- Adaptable. You seek solutions, even when things change. You prefer to find your way to “yes!”
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our strength is in our differences. Our goal to build a diverse and inclusive team began on day one, and it will never end.
All company employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine. Requests for an accommodation/exemption for medical or religious reasons, as well as under applicable state law, will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with applicable law.To all recruitment agencies: Graphite Bio does not accept agency resumes or applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Graphite Bio employees. Graphite Bio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or applications.