Associate Director, Global Operational Pricing & Analytics
The Associate Director, Global Operational Pricing & Analytics will be responsible for leading operational pricing and pricing analytics activities for AbbVie assets, to inform strategic pricing, access, and business decisions. This role will report to the Director Global Pricing Specialty and Systems, in Global Strategic Pricing and Analytics within GMAP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for coordinating the review of pricing business cases for a specific asset/TA, in preparation of the global and Executive Pricing Council approval and act as the single point of contact for pricing business cases at all levels in the organization, including affiliates and area
- Responsible for ensuring country pricing business cases requiring global approval are compliant with the pricing governance requirements, consistent and compliant use of business case templates, pricing systems and tools; timely engage with relevant stakeholders for its preparation, review and approval (eg strategic pricing lead, affiliates, Finance, legal), in line with the pricing planning and ensure compliant use of the price approval systems/platform, as per the global pricing governance
- Responsible for assessing whether the pricing business case falls in/outside pricing guidance, for reviewing the accuracy of the country pricing business cases and its preparation for the global review and approval, including pre-reads (GMAP and Executive Pricing Council), for communicating and tracking the global pricing decisions, and closely following up with the affiliates on a regular basis to monitor in-market effective prices executed.
- Responsible ensuring timely involvement of the strategic pricing lead, if required, in the pricing business case assessment.
- Support the affiliates in mitigating risks related to biosimilar & generic entries at local level
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating with relevant key stakeholders (eg Areas Access / Pricing Managers, Finance) to ensure international impact assessments (international price referencing, cross country supply) are processed in a timing manner and financial impact has been accurately forecasted, to support price approval decision making, as per the pricing governance
- Responsible for preparing regular pricing summaries to Executive Pricing Council and other relevant senior leadership, in line with the pricing governance regarding pricing data handling and reporting.
- Responsible for providing trainings on the pricing governance, and associated tools and systems, to the relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for the conduct of International Reference Pricing assessment and impact on revenues, in support of country price change requests, financial processes (LRP, plan).
- Responsible for conducting pricing analytics and developing pricing models (eg trade-offs, BSx erosion curves, IRP) addressing strategic pricing, access and business questions, including but not exclusively analysis of AbbVie assets and competitor in-market pricing strategies and trends (past/current/future), such as: indication or launch sequence optimization assessment, P&R and regulatory launch scenarios, assessment of performance of previously approved business cases vs actuals, in close collaboration with the strategic pricing lead and other key stakeholders (HTA analytics, GMAP TA, Finance, Decision Support Group (DSG)).
- Responsible for ensuring development and implementation of harmonized pricing templates across TAs, supporting pricing assumptions collection during financial processes (LRP/plan); responsible for template development and presentation coordination of pricing assumptions for the financial processes; support the strategic pricing lead during the financial processes (LRP, plan) in developing the pricing guidance, reviewing pricing assumptions and prepare pricing summaries.
- Support the strategic pricing lead during the development of global pricing strategies, including Value Based Agreements and participate in prelaunch pricing studies.
- Manages workload to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders in Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), affiliate/area Market Access, Finance, GMCO, GCD and DSG