Laboratory Process Facilitator
As a Laboratory Process Facilitator, you will be part of a perse team focused on developing new therapeutic products based on our TAC technology. You will provide technical support and will work with the team to define and execute general laboratory tasks and be actively participating in the management of centralized and common functions for the laboratory which is inclusive of but not limited to centralized accessioning and primary specimen processing; maintenance of raw material and consumable inventory and the biorepository and participate in basic laboratory processes and assays.
Laboratory Maintenance & Safety
· Maintain clean laboratory by discarding waste and cleaning and sanitizing countertops, equipment, sinks, water baths etc. following our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Maintain clean laboratory by properly storing chemicals, reagents and supplies. Maintain adequate stock of these materials.
· Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
· Ensure a safe working environment for laboratory.
· Maintain inventory, rotate supply, discard and retain as directed by department leadership.
· Support the development and execution of appropriate Safety, Training, Gowning, Material Movement, Cleaning, and Scheduling.
· Maintain and improve facility related SOPs.
· Provide trending reports for facility related parameters (e.g. Temperature, Relative humidity, differential pressure, reactive vs. preventative maintenance costs, PM and calibration schedule adherence)
Laboratory Process Operations
· Perform opening and/or closing duties as assigned by department leadership.
· Serve as the liaison between areas of the laboratory and supporting internal teams
· Functions including but not limited to inventory maintenance, material accessioning, reagent formulation and tracking of equipment maintenance, etc.
· Perform basic laboratory functions and common laboratory assays/processes
· Collaborative oversight and management of the restricted access biorepository of cryopreserved cellular products and other critical raw materials assuring proper storage and documentation
· Preparation of internal process controls for daily use and distribution where applicable
· Facilitate preparation and migration of in-house formulations from quarantine to active inventory and maintenance of associated paperwork
· Perform quality control checks on lab equipment at the start of the day or as required by department leadership.
· Assist other laboratory personnel performing testing procedures as instructed by department leadership.
· Maintain equipment, supplies and instrumentation in working order to perform necessary preventative maintenance for operating departments.
· Extract information from equipment manuals and other source documents, and write easy-to-understand, simple, user-friendly standard operating procedures (SOPs) that describe the equipment, key operating parameters, maintenance and cleaning procedures.
· Manage the maintenance of the facility and equipment by contracting maintenance services as needed.
Associate Degree in biotechnology science, a clinical / medical lab technician degree (OSMT/MLAPO designation) or degree in related field.
This position requires the ability to follow specific instructions.
Understand and practice universal precautions and safe handling of biological materials and aseptic laboratory practices
· Analytical skills are essential to complete equipment-based procedures.
· Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
· Ability to manage time effectively during independent work.
· A basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and practices is required to ensure a safe working environment.
Interpersonal skills are required to effectively work within teams.