Associate Director, Discovery Medicine
BioMarin is a world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide significant benefit to patients who live with serious genetic diseases. BioMarin is engaged in the discovery, research, translation and development of targeted therapies intended to correct underlying drivers of disease. We aim to provide transformational therapies in diseases of significant burden of illness and medical unmet need.
BioMarin’s Discovery Medicine is a group of physician-scientists that support pipeline advancement and growth of the clinical portfolio. As an early clinical development function, our group of physician scientists link research initiatives and technical assessments of external innovation to areas of development based on fundamental understanding of genetics, molecular mechanisms, disease phenotypes and medical need in specific patient populations. We seek a physician-scientist to support the early clinical development of a broad portfolio of programs in genetic diseases.
- Support programs within Discovery Medicine as a primary early clinical lead
- Help design and conduct of early clinical trials, from natural history through treatment proof-of-mechanism
- Author translational plans based on research results
- Interrogate natural history and disease progression of therapeutic indication in order to plan a development strategy encompassing biomarkers, endpoints, and target patient population
- Subject matter expertise of genetically driven disease by keeping current with literature, meetings, and disease pipeline
- Work collaboratively with research and clinical groups to advance programs
- Early clinical development representation to cross-functional teams
- Help generate development plans, draft product characterization, first-in-human and proof of concept trial strategy, draft clinical development plans
- Early clinical representative in investigative new drug (IND) filing team
- Represent early clinical development in scientific advisory and academic meetings
- MD or MD/PhD required
- Strong record of academic, basic and/or translational research productivity
- Solid foundation and interest in mechanisms of genetically driven diseases
- Board certified in medicine, pediatrics or equivalent discipline
- Interest and curiosity in development challenges
- Effective and impactful in cross-functional team structure
- Excellent communication skills, with a desire to develop strong internal and external collaborations
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.