REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
• Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
• Previous laboratory experience including basic understanding of design, optimization and implementation of quantitative PCR assays.
• Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) and/or 3 (BSL3) and/or 4 (BSL 4) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection. The candidate will be required to work in BSL4 containment environment and will be required to pass physical exams and participate in vaccination programs.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
• Willingness to work under BSL-3 - BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
• Computer Skills:
• -Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• -Proficiency in ABI 7500 Dx Real Time PCR Acquisition and Analysis software • -Proficiency in Primer/Probe design software such as Primer Express or Seqbuilder.
• -Experience in preparing graphs and figures for publication using Excel and Graphpad Prism.
• -Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
Bachelor of Science or higher degree. Biology and/or Chemistry preferred
• Ability to work in BSL-4 setting