Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Analytical Development, to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform blotting techniques such as dot/slot and western blots; agarose and acrylamide gel electrophoresis procedures; high-throughput epitope-screening and characterization assays such as Octet biolayer interferometry; flow cytometry techniques and analysis techniques; immunological assays such as neutralization and ELISA assays.
- Develop fast high-throughput residual DNA analytical procedures utilizing automations.
- Perform physical chemical analysis including colorimetric content analysis, purity /impurity /affinity chromatography analysis, and enabling characterization analysis such as mass spectrometry and NMR, etc.
- Conduct or participate in projects within a specific area or field.
- Make observations, analyze data, and interprets results.
- Present findings at internal meetings.
- Contribute to the preparation of manuscripts.
- Apply and interpret basic scientific or engineering principles, theories, concepts, and protocols in a limited area or field.
- Develop solutions to problems within job scope where precedents exist.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of physical chemical analysis, flow cytometry and DNA analytical procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrable ability to analyze, compile data independently, and to present at various group/department meetings.
- Team player, capable of cross-functional team collaborations, as close coordination with other team members will be mandatory to support varying projects within the lab.
- Solid experience with computer software including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Demonstrated experience with techniques used in the analytical development processes for products in development at the NIH are advantageous but not required.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.