Senior Associate, Finance
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this important role.
What you will do
In this vital role as a Sr. Associate Finance who will play a meaningful role in Cost of Sales Financial Planning, and Analysis for the Operations Organization.
The role will provide financial and analytical support for Operations in support of Amgens worldwide Cost of Sales (COS). Key areas of focus include analyzing and identifying financial drivers (i.e. Direct Cost of Goods sold (COGS), Cost of Goods Manufactured (COGM), Gross Expenses) for COS from a global perspective, including the impact of partnerships, acquisitions, insourcing, outsourcing, manufacturing network changes, etc.
The role provides financial analysis to key Operations and Finance areas such as:
- Consolidate the global COGM and split data by manufacturing process such as drug substance and drug product
- Forecast Cost of Sales for the budget, forecast, and LRP
- Perform COGM and COS analysis
- Assist with the monthly accounting close process related to calculating actual cost for the month
- Support the annual standard costing process
- Provide financial support and analysis related to the commercial supply agreement with external partners
- Provide key financial support and analysis on an ad-hoc basis to Operations clients such as Supply Chain
Key contacts and partners include: Corporate FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Global Operations teams, Supply Chain, Operations Strategic Planning, Commercial Manufacturing Sites, GCO FP&A, Partnership Accounting, Cost Accounting, R&D FP&A, and Corporate Accounting.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Sr. Associate, Finance professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Finance experience
Associate degree and 6 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Finance experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or another quantitative field of study
- 2+ years of corporate level experience
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis roles
- Relevant cost of sales planning experience
- Proficient in enterprise planning and reporting tools such as Hyperion and SAP
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to take the initiative and work under a minimum supervision
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and spectacularly improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.