Senior Associate Contract Management
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Contract ManagementLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support Amgens Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) organization as part of the Sourcing & Contracting Operations team. The Senior Associate Contract Management role is responsible for ensuring supplier contracts maintain compliance to encouraged terms and conditions and are appropriately managed throughout the contract lifecycle. Additionally, the Senior Associate Contract Management role will support strategic sourcing efforts as required. This role will interact with key collaborators across Amgen, including internal and external customers and will report to the Senior Manager Sourcing & Contract Operations.
- Collaborate with Legal to ensure compliance with all Amgen requirements and Legal statutes
- Coordinate compliance of assigned contracts to ensure the encouraged terms and conditions are applied
- Provide contract compliance feedback to business stakeholders through reporting or discussions
- Escalate compliance issues to contract owners
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions for supplier agreements of all types
- Communicate and facilitate contract addendum, clauses and change orders
- Determine renewals and addendum required
- Engage with contract owners to resolve supplier issues, disputes, or claims
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The contract management professional we seek is a go getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Sourcing or Finance experience
- Associate's degree and 6 years of Souring or Finance experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Sourcing or Finance experience
- Bachelors degree in, business, or any other highly quantitative field
- 4+ years experience in Sourcing or Procure to Pay processes
- Experience in the contracting process
- Experience in crafting contracts and aligning to Legal templates and requirements
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience in being responsible for negotiations with suppliers
- Ability to interact with and influence partners
- Ability to take initiative and work within an autonomous environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.